She loves a good challenge.
Matty McNair is an American explorer who relocated to the Canadian Arctic for her love of the wilderness and dog sledding.
Here expeditions and records are endless…
- The first Canadian woman to ski to both the North and South Poles.
- Led the first women’s expedition to the Geographic North Pole.
- Led an expedition across Ellesmere Island.
- Led four ski expeditions to the South Pole.
- Kite-skied and dog sled across the Greenland Ice Cap with her children Sarah and Eric.
- Led a ski expedition to the South Pole with her children Sarah and Eric – who now hold the record for the youngest to ski to the South Pole.
- Holds the world record for the fastest to the North Pole, using dogs and skiis, in 36 days; proving that Peary could also reached the North Pole in 1909.
But her true passion is sharing her love of the Arctic through her company NorthWinds – that specializes in Polar Training, Dog Sledding and Polar Expedition.
But don’t take my word for it…
Experience life in the Arctic wilderness through Matty McNair in this interview…