These are the terms that govern your use of Trekity.com.
These terms apply to your interaction with our website (whether you’re signed up, contributing content or just browsing). We may update these terms at any time (and may or may not inform you), so read them regularly.
Using Our Site
These terms govern your use of Trekity.com (the site), so please read them carefully.
No commercial use of this site is permitted. You may use the site for personal, non-commercial purposes only.
If you are under the age of 18 you need your parents’ permission before using the site.
All content on the site is owned by Trekity Media LLC (us) or licensed to us by our registered users and other licensees. You may not copy or use any part of our site without permission.
If you engage with someone else’s application on the site (e.g. using or posting content on the application), an independent legal relationship is formed between you and the application provider. An application provider may impose terms on your use of their application.
You agree that all of your contribution to the site is your own work. You license us the non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide rights to reproduce, communicate, edit, adapt or otherwise use any content you upload to the site, including any feedback that you submit through the site, via third party applications available through the site, on the site and in our other products (your content). This includes the right to sublicense to others at our discretion.
You also consent to your content being altered, edited or adapted for such uses, or to ensure your content does not infringe these terms or breach the law, as we see fit. Although we generally attribute you as the author, it’s not always possible. So you consent to us not attributing authorship to you, or only attributing your registered ‘handle’. We will ask you before publishing your real name.
Prohibited content. You must ensure that your content does not contain anything that breaches any laws or rights, including by:
- defaming any person
- breaching any intellectual property rights
- containing commercial advertising
- containing excessively coarse language or content which would be rated R, RC or X
If you would like to include someone else’s copyright material, trademark or other intellectual property in your content you must first obtain and keep their written permission.
The Community Guidelines are in place to make Trekity an enjoyable and safe place for our users.
If you don’t adhere to the following guidelines, you’re info will be reviewed and deleted.
- Respect fellow members and users.
- Share quality, accurate and helpful content.
- Give feedback in a helpful and positive way.
- Be safe and smart about using the information provided. Do your research in order to make educated decisions.
- Report abuse or members not adhering to the Community Guidelines.
- Be negative, mean, discriminatory, derogatory or threatening to anyone.
- Duplicate comments. People don’t like to read the same thing twice.
- Get in trouble with the law by sharing other people’s private information, discussing drugs, defacing others, posting pornographic images, or other illegal activities.
- Post ‘adult’ content such as pornography or graphic violence.
- Pretend to be someone you’re not (including a Trekity team member).
- Advertise or spam on Trekity. Personal travel blogs are acceptable, but commercial advertisements are not.
- Use offensive language or swear.
If you find someone abusing the Community Guidelines, please contact us immediately.
Removal of Content and Account Termination
We may remove your content from the site in our discretion.
Liability and Disclaimer
- own all of the work you upload to the Site or have the permission from the owner of the content to upload it;
- be able to grant Trekity the rights under these Terms and Conditions (so, for example, you cannot grant us exclusive rights if you have already granted someone else exclusive rights); and
- obtain the consent of the owner of any work incorporated into the content you upload on the Site;
because serious legal consequences can happen to you, Trekity, and other parties if you do not (like legal action for infringement).
You indemnify Trekity against all losses, costs and expenses directly incurred by Trekity, in connection with a demand, allegation, action, proceeding or claim that you do not own all of your work, you are not able to grant Trekity rights or you do not have the consent of an owner to incorporate their work into yours. Trekity must take reasonable steps to mitigate its loss.
WE USE REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL TO ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION WE PROVIDE ON THE SITE. SOME INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES AND WE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON “AS IS”. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THIS SITE WILL BE 100% ACCURATE OR CONTINUOUS AT ALL TIMES. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS GENERAL AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUR PARTICULAR NEEDS. YOU SHOULD VERIFY CRITICAL INFORMATION INDEPENDENTLY.